BY ISA MONTAGNESE
Date Released: December 8th, 1982
Date Watched: April 29th, 2014
Why now? It’s a little out of the blue but I’ve always been really curious about why people make that joke “this is like Sophie’s Choice” when they’re trying to chose between something like M&Ms or peanut M&Ms.
Why not then? Over the years, I heard about it in passing here and there. I heard that it was sad and that Meryl Streep won an Oscar for it, so it never intrigued me.
- Meryl being amazing and working it for that Oscar
- Super cry fest
- Honestly, I know nothing about this movie
What I actually got:
- John from Ally McBeal?!
- Meryl with an accent and speaking different languages! No wonder she won an Oscar. German is hard man. I don’t know how well she actually did but, to me, it sounded legit
- Besides the accent, Meryl was kind of incredible. There’s a reason she’s the queen of the Oscars. Her character is so tragic but Meryl made me care about her
- Total cry-fest
- The weirdly classic “third wheel” story line where a straight couple befriends a single dude. Soon, the single dude gets entwined with one or both of the couple. Always weird, always borderline fetish-y
- One positive: Young Kevin Klein in a tank top… *thumbs up*
One night-in stand or second date potential? One night-in for sure, I’m never watching this movie again ever. Too tragic, too heavy, too much! P.S. that joke is not funny!!! What is wrong with everyone!!!