BY ASHLEY KOWALEWSKI
What’s it about: On her 13th birthday, a girl wishes to be 30 and flirty and thriving (I mean, don’t we all?), only to wake up the next day and realize that she actually is, but her life isn’t what she thought it would be.
Who’s in it: Jennifer Garner, Mark Ruffalo, Judy Greer, Kathy Baker
When it came out: 2004 (10th anniversary! Who feels old?!)
How come you haven’t heard of (or just seen) it: No self-respecting twenty-something female hasn’t seen or heard of this movie. (Okay, that’s a bit drastic.) Since this movie came out a whopping decade ago, you’ve possibly forgotten about how awesome it is. Or maybe you didn’t like Jennifer Garner so didn’t bother to watch it.
Why you need to watch it–immediately!
- The soundtrack! So many awesome 80s tracks!
- This scene:
- Jennifer Garner is so hilariously awkward in this flick trying to figure out how to be a 30-year-old when she’s got the mindset of a 13-year-old. She has this baby-deer-learning-to-walk thing and it’s super entertaining
- It’s a different spin on your everyday rom-com and should really give those guys perpetually stuck in the friend zone some hope
- It’s kind of a (cheesy) lesson that you really shouldn’t wish your life away and that it usually doesn’t turn out the way you think it will. The path you think you want may not be the one you need
- It’s just a cute feel-good movie that should for sure be in your chick flick repertoire–even if it’s fifth string