BY CARMELA FERRO
What it’s about: Peggy Sue, recently separated from her husband and high school sweetheart, hesitantly attends her 25-year high school reunion when she is suddenly transported back in time to her senior year.
Who’s in it: Nicolas Cage, Jim Carrey, Helen Hunt, Joan Allen, Catherine Hicks and Sofia Coppola (on screen!)
When it came out: 1986
How come you haven’t heard of it (or just seen) it: Perhaps like me, you were born after 1986 and this film never made it to your radar, but here it is now! Better late than never!
Why you need to watch it–immediately!
- Directed by Francis Ford Coppola–can’t go too wrong there!
- Nicholas Cage and Jim Carrey performing as a doo wop quartet
- Kathleen Turner really shines with some great comedic timing
- Cage puts on a voice he modelled after Pokey from the Gumby show and almost got fired for it. It’s something that needs to be seen, if only just once
- Second chances! This movie will probably make you feel a little nostalgic and make you wish you could go back to say and do all the things you would have in hindsight